Monday, February 25, 2013

Why Marie Antoinette Would Make A Really Great Toy

This year I've vowed to be ready for the Spring Fest craft tent at ODS.

So I've been doing this.


And a little bit of this.


Then I made lots and lots and painted some sticks.


They have to be spray sealed so I got resourceful.
(sorry for the gross bucket shot)


It was at this point that I got the great idea for a Marie Antoinette abacus doll. 
Katie and I had quite the divergent conversation. I shelved it for another day 
(but think it would be a great idea to teach about the French Revolution or Vlad 
or lots of other really interesting things that would actually make children 
want to use an abacus, but I digress...)

I got back on task after everything dried and added hair.


Meet the Rapunzel Dolls.
(available April 20th at the Spring Festival and etsy after that).

(And let me know if you need an abacus.
I might be able to hook you up.)


2 comments: